- 10 ounces lean ground turkey
- 7 ounces fire roasted tomatoes (canned, about 1/2 a can)
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 3 ounces chipotles in adobo (about 1/2 a can)
- 3 tomatillos
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 7 ounces canned black beans (about 1/2 a can)
- 20 mini bell peppers (you can buy in a large bag)
- 1. Roast the vegetables: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Cut the tomatillos in half, slice the onion into 1/2 in slices and remove garlic from covering. Place on baking sheet. Roast till tomatillos are tender and start to brown, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile,make the sauce: Add tomatillos, onion, garlic, tomatoes, green chilies, chipotles, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and coriander to blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 3. In a large bowel, add the turkey, beans, and sauce, Mix together until everything is evenly distributed.
- 4. Cut tops off mini bell peppers and remove any seeds. Stuff turkey mixture into peppers until slightly overflowing. Place in 9 by 13 glass dish. Repeat for all bell peppers.
- 5. Cook at 400 for 20 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, turn on the broiler and get some color on the peppers.
- 6. Serve with your favorite salsa (used my Pico De Gallo from my tortilla soup), sour cream and avocado.