Sometimes the appetizer or snack is the best part of a dinner or evening. If you want to make an appetizer that can also be served as the dinner bread, then this recipe for Mini Scones with Parmesan and Olives is so decadent and delicious that you will want them with every meal. The buttery scone is packed with palate pleasing grated parmesan cheese, chopped green olives and aromatic rosemary for a treat that is out of this world.
- 225 grams flour
- 30 grams sugar
- 1 packet yeast
- 60 grams salted butter (cold)
- 60 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 10 green olives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pour the flour, sugar, and yeast into a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture and work with your fingertips to get a sandy texture.
- Add the parmesan and mix.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring to get a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Mix the chopped olives in with one of the dough halves.
- On your floured working surface, roll out the dough until 2 cm thick.
- Cut rounds of dough with a cookie cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush milk on the surface of the scones. Add a little grated Parmesan and rosemary to the top of the scones without olives.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with dried tomatoes or tapenade.