If you need a quick and easy hold over until the big Holiday meal is ready, these mini-pizza appetizers are sure to do the trick. Premade dough saves time and reduces the cooking time dramatically while acidic tomato puree is infused with earthy soft mushrooms, crispy bitter onions, and sweet melted mozzarella. Anchovy fillets gives a sophisticated element to the otherwise rustic pizzas. Let’s be honest, we all live a mini pizza; they aren’t just for the kids.
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 can mushroom
- 400 grams tomato pulp
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 can anchovies
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- Roll out the dough and use a pastry cutter or a glass to cut out circles that are 6 centimeters in diameter.
- Arrange them on a baking tray.
- Heat a little olive oil in saucepan on low heat, and cook the onion, mushrooms, tomato pulp, salt, and pepper.
- Garnish the tarts with 1 teaspoon of the tomato mix.
- Add a piece of anchovy and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake the pizzas for 20 minutes.