These Mini Pies with Pears, Gorgonzola and Rosemary are a rich and powerful way to start a meal with friends and family. If you have a holiday party, special event, or celebration coming up and you want to suprise your loved ones with a decadent appetizer to show off your culinary skills, then try this recipe. The salty cheese mixed with the sweet pears and the savory rosemary combine for a flavor explosion that is out of this world.
- 250 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 210 grams butter (cold)
- 55 grams ice water
- 2 pears
- 60 grams gorgonzola
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 egg
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- Place the flour in a bowl, add the butter and salt. Incorporate the butter using your fingertips. Gradually add ice water and mix to a smooth dough. Wrap with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Peel the pears, cut them into small cubes. In a large bowl, toss the pears with the gorgonzola (also diced) and rosemary, mix gently then pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, let stand for 10 minutes before rolling it out on a lightly floured surface. Cut out circles with a cookie cutter.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place half of the dough disks. In the center of these dough disks, place a heaping teaspoon of the pear and gorgonzola mixture. Using a brush dipped in water, moisten the edge of the dough around the filling. Cover with a second disc of dough. Press well to seal the dough on the sides, making sure to get all the air out of the pie as you go. To get an extra good seal, use a fork to press the dough.
- Stir the egg yolk with a little milk and brush over the top of each pie. Make 4 small incisions with a knife on top of each pie. Cook for about 20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.