These mini ground beef and potato pies make for a hearty and warming meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner. This recipe makes two mini pies, meaning it is great for couples (or simply save the second pie to enjoy tomorrow). If you have leftover mashed potatoes you want to use, you can easily use them in this recipe in place of making fresh ones, perfect for saving time.
- 1 potatoes
- ground black pepper
- 2 cheese
- ground nutmeg
- cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onions
- 200 grams ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- dried oregano
- Add the potato to a pot of boiling salted water. Cook for about 10 minutes. Drain the potato pieces and place in a bowl.
- Season the potato with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper to taste. Add a splash of milk, the Laughing Cow cheese, and a pinch of nutmeg. Mash with a fork. Add a small amount of cheddar cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the ground beef, and a pinch each of salt, black pepper, and oregano. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- In small baking dishes, add a layer of potatoes. Top with a layer of ground beef. Top with grated cheese. Place under an oven broiler until the cheese has melted.