- 2 pounds potatoes (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- 2 cups milk
- 10 ounces cod filet (skinned and cubed)
- 10 ounces filet (smoked haddock, skinned and cubed)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 5 ounces peeled shrimp (cooked)
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water for 12-15 mins until tender. Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Add 2 tbsp butter and mash until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, pour the milk into a separate pan and bring to a boil. Add the cubed fish to the milk, bring back to a boil then turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave for 5 mins. Remove the fish from the milk with a slotted spoon and divide fish between individual ramekins. Strain the milk into a jar and clean the pan.
- For the sauce, melt the rest of the butter in the clean pan and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 min then gradually whisk in the strained milk. Cook gently for a few mins, stirring all the time, until the sauce has thickened. Season lightly to taste.
- Scatter the shrimp on top of the fish and pour the sauce over. Carefully spread the mashed potatoes on top of the filling, fluffing the top with a fork. Divide grated cheese over the tops. Place the dishes on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 35-45 mins until the potatoes are crisp and golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.