- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs (96 g)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup cooked bacon (crumbled, about 16 slices)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (thinly)
- 1 3/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- Preheat convection oven to 400°F convection (or 375°F for standard oven). Coat 12-cavity muffin pan with nonstick pan spray.
- Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini-stand Mixer. Attach bowl and Wire Whip to mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and mix 1 minute or until combined.
- Mix eggs, sour cream, milk, sugar and butter in separate bowl until combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 45 to 60 seconds or just until combined. Do not over mix. Add bacon, onions, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Turn to Speed 2 and mix just until combined.Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan, filling each cavity with about 1/3 cup batter. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack 10 minutes before serving.