If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Mini Chocolate and Vanilla Madeleines is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 150 grams flour (sifted)
- 125 grams butter (soft)
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon yeast (coffee)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Gradually add flour mixed with yeas to egg mixture.
- Add butter, milk and vanilla.
- Divide dough in half and mix cocoa powder into one portion.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F).
- Grease the mini madeleine pan with butter and place a teaspoon of dough into each mold.
- Dough expands during cooking, so 1 teaspoon is enough.
- Bake for 4 minutes and then lower oven temperature to 180°C (approximately 350°F and bake for 6 additional minutes.
- Serve with jelly.