Who knew something so small could have so much flavor?! Our Mini Chocolate Custard with Cocoa Bean Crumble recipe is filled with the bold flavor of chocolate and cocoa. Your mouth will water for this delightful little dessert. These Mini Chocolate Custard with Cocoa Bean Crumbles are very easy to make and great for events where you would like everyone to have their own handlheld dessert. Try it out! Let us know what you think!
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- heavy cream (3 dl.)
- milk (2 dl.)
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- 6 eggs
- 20 grams butter
- 4 beans (toasted cocoa)
- 100 grams flour
- 30 grams brown sugar
- 20 grams cocoa (bittersweet, powdered)
- 40 grams butter
- fleur de sel
- Place the heavy cream and the milk in a medium saucepan, heat to a boil, add the chopped chocolate, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir.
- Allow the cream to cool and distribute it in the individual serving bowls and refrigerate the cream to thicken it. At this point, you may serve the custard on its own, sprinkled with some bittersweet cocoa.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Butter 6—1/2 cup molds and coat with some powdered sugar.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining powdered sugar for 5 minutes until foamy, slowly incorporate this mixture to the chocolate and stir.
- Place the cream into the molds and bake in a double boiler for 45 minutes.
- Remove the molds from the double boiler and allow the custard to cool.
- In the meantime, crush the cocoa beans with a meat pounder.
- Use the tips of your fingers to combine the flour with the brown sugar and the butter into an oatmeal consistency.
- Add a pinch of fleur de sel and the crushed cocoa beans.
- Sprinkle the crumble onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the crumble at 180 C for 15 minutes and let it cool.
- Turn the custard out onto a serving dish and top with the crumble. You can also put the crumble directly onto the custard in the serving bowl, use a dessert torch to create a crust effect, and serve it with a sprinkling of cocoa.
|Calories770Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.