Did someone say chicken and turkey skewers? These mini skewers are very delicious and are always a good appetizer to have while entertaining any guest. These are easy to make and are made with two of my favorites, chicken and turkey. Since they are made with a slower cooker, they do not require much attention to make other than a few ingredients and setting your timer. Add these skewers with a few drinks and friends and enjoy!
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- onion powder
- powdered garlic
- 50 milliliters white wine
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- Coat a slow cooker with extra virgin olive oil.
- Skewer the meat and season with pinches of salt, black pepper, thyme, paprika, powdered onion, and powdered garlic. Add the white wine. Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Slice the onion thin and chop the peppers into cubes, season with a sprinkle of salt and add some oil.
- After the two hours, turn the skewers, add the onions and peppers and cook on high for 1 hour. Add hot vegetable broth, if necessary.