Combining the flavors of fall into each delicious bite, these mini carrot cakes are the perfect autumn treat. These zesty mini carrot cakes are packed with warm flavors and topped with a swirl of cream cheese frosting for the ideal cold weather comfort food.
- 80 milliliters coconut oil
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 60 milliliters maple syrup
- 100 grams self rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sichuan pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 240 grams carrots (coarsely grated)
- 30 grams walnuts (or hazelnuts, chopped)
- 30 grams raisins
- 20 grams softened butter
- 60 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 20 grams vanilla (Madagascar)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cake Preparation:
- Butter 8 small cake pans.
- Whisk the coconut oil, sugar, and egg in a small bowl until the mixture is thick and pale.
- Add the maple syrup.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, Sichuan pepper, and nutmeg together.
- Transfer maple mixture to larger bowl and add the grated carrots, walnuts, raisins, and mix well.
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from molds and placing on cooling rack.
- Prepare the icing by whisking the butter and cream cheese until the mixture is smooth.
- Continue whisking, add the icing sugar and vanilla.
- Ice the cool cakes using a pastry bag or directly using a small spatula.
|Calories330Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.