Do you need a quick, easy and flavorful appetizer that you can whip up last minute? This recipe for Mini Calamari Turnovers a la Setoise is a perfect palate pleasing way to combine the rich and robust flavors of calamari in a wonderful and buttery puff pastry. So if you friends decided on a last minute gathering and you want to prepare a snack, this is easy and tasty. Enjoy!
- 1 can calamari
- 1 puff pastry (store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Cut out medium circles.
- Place one calamari from the can on the dough citcle.
- Fold the turnover. Press the edges of the dough tightly so they are well sealed and there are no leaks.
- Place the turnovers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes until golden.