These baked pastries are made with a puff pastry that you can make yourself or buy pre-made and are stuffed with crumbled blood sausage, apple, and bacon filling. You can shape pasties in a tart mold or can be shaped by hand into a half-moon shape like empanadas. If you are not a fan of blood sausage, you can also substitute other ground meat.
- 400 grams pastry
- 1 spring onions (finely sliced in rings)
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 green apples (sharp, Granny Smith, peeled, chopped, and diced)
- 200 grams blood sausage (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- black pepper
- 1 beaten eggs
- olive oil
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a heavy based frying pan. Add the onion and thyme and fry gently for 2–3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Increase the heat and add the bacon, apple, and raisins. Fry until the bacon is well done and the apple is soft and golden.
- Add the blood sausage, season and stir well until thoroughly mixed in.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Grease 12 small pie or muffin molds.
- Roll out the pastry quite thinly, and with a pastry cutter, cut out 12 circles of 9 centimeters and 12 of 7 centimeters.
- Place the large circles into the molds and fill with 1 tbsp. of filling.
- Brush the edge of each circle with water.
- Cover with the smaller circles and press down to seal the edges.
- Pinch the edges together to form a decorative edge (optional).
- Brush the tops with beaten egg and make a hole in the center to allow the steam to escape.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and turned golden brown.
|Calories410Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.