Mini Bacon & Egg Piesjusrol.co.ukmini bacon & egg pies
4 smoked streaky bacon (rashers, snipped into small strips)
3 spring onions (greens and whites separated, both thinly sliced)
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
320 grams puff pastry sheets (pack Jus-Rol)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon English mustard
10 medium eggs
Discover more recipes from jusrol.co.ukmini bacon & egg pies
11. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6 with a flat baking tray on the middle shelf. Put the bacon strips into a cold, non-stick, frying pan, then fry until golden. Stir in the spring onion whites for 1 minute, then tip into a bowl and leave to cool while you prep the tin.
22. Use the oil to lightly grease 8 holes of a large muffin tin (not a silicone one). Unroll the pastry and cut into 8 squares. Press a pastry square into each muffin hole to line, leaving the corners poking out over the top.
33. Add most of the parsley, the mustard, 2 eggs and some salt and pepper into the bacon mixture with the spring onion greens. Use a fork to beat everything together, then divide the mixture between the tarts.
44. Carefully crack a whole egg into each tart and sprinkle with the last of the parsley. Sit on the pre-heated baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden and egg firm. Lift the pies out with the help of a cutlery knife and enjoy warm or cold – with a dollop of red or brown sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.