Minguichi StewMadeleine Cocina
This stew is made from a base of green tomatoes, poblano peppers, and onions for a flavor-packed and vibrant meal. A bit of panela, a type of unrefined cane sugar, not only adds a bit of sweetness but also a touch of caramel flavor that accents the savory vegetables perfectly. Adding a bit of sour cream and cheese make the soup creamy and balances out the stew. A sprinkling of crumbled tortillas chips adds a bit of crunch and rounds the soup out perfectly.
- 5 green tomatoes
- 1 chili peppers (serrano)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 poblano peppers (—roasted, peeled, and chopped into slices)
- 100 grams panela
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- tortilla chips (Crushed)
- 1Place the tomatoes and the serrano pepper in a pot of water and cook them until they become soft.
- 2Remove the vegetables from the pot and place them in a blender. Add a bit of salt and about 1/4 cup of the water used to cook them and blend everything together. Once everything is completely liquefied, set the sauce aside.
- 3Pour the oil into a separate pot and add the onion and the poblano pepper. Cook both ingredients for 3 minutes over low heat.
- 4When the onion becomes transparent, add the sauce and cook everything together until the mixture begins to boil.
- 5Add the cheese and the sour cream and let everything boil a second time.
- 6Turn off the stove and add the tortilla chips on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.