- 1 small onion (about 1/3 cup, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium carrot (about 1 cup, chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (large, about 1 cup, chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 32 ounces diced tomatoes (I usually use fire-roasted or Italian-style)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 low sodium vegetable broth (32 oz carton - 4 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini (around 2/3 cups, sliced into halves or quarters)
- 1/4 cup red kidney beans (canned or cooked, drained and rinsed, leave out for paleo & low carb)
- 1/4 cup cannellini beans (canned or cooked, chickpeas OR great northern beans, drained and rinsed, leave out for paleo & low carb)
- water (add only as much as needed to cover vegetables)
- 1/4 cup small shell pasta (dried, use gluten free if necessary, leave out for paleo & low carb and add chopped cauliflower & green beans instead)
- 1 cup baby spinach (fresh, chopped, optional)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional but adds great flavor)
- grated parmesan cheese (or Shredded, for serving)
- fresh parsley (finely chopped, for garnish, optional)
|Calories50Calories from Fat4.5|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat4.5|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Heyred 14 hours ago
I've tried several recipes for Minestrone soup and this one was the best! I added a lot more fresh spinach but left everything else pretty much the same. Very flavorful, great texture and hearty.
Yummly User 21 days ago
very good i would make it again
Courtney 24 days ago
This soup was really simple and really yummy!
Cameron Broomfield 2 months ago
really good soup, made as recipe.
Denman 3 months ago
This was super easy to make and super good to eat!
Cheryl Bombard 3 months ago
Yummy!! 😁 I had to use beef broth instead of veggie and added the cauliflower with it. I love it.
Roni 3 months ago
loved it... perfect nite time weather warmer upper. Thank you.!!!!
Toni Ann Dziubak 3 months ago
Great, always a favorite in my house and a last minute dish.
Colleen Doyle 4 months ago
very good. def a keeper. hearty soup
Mike 4 months ago
It was very good I would make it again