- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole onion (firm, diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced and quartered)
- 3 whole small carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon basil (juilenned)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 6 cups vegetable broth (low salt)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes (with juice - low salt)
- 24 ounces passata (Cento Rustica)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 1/2 ounces green beans (Italian cut, drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups baby spinach (fresh, lightly packed)
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- grated parmesan cheese (Fresh, for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Susan 3 hours ago
Absolutely delicious! A perfect stick-to-your-ribs type of meal for a cold fall day. Will definitely keep this recipe.
Elena Jenson 17 Aug
I would make this again!
Denise Kungl 8 Jun
Easy to make and taste delicious
Bridgette M. 24 Mar
Delicious! Definitely make it again. Alot of ingredients but worth the effort. I couldn't get the cento passata sauce so I substituted with a tomato pasta herb sauce, almost like spaghetti sauce, worked great.
Christine Ma 11 Mar
Delicious recipe! Would definitely make it again!
Lisa 4 Mar
Excellent! I would make this again
Karin H. 4 Mar
Excellent ! Ya a lot of ingredients but all the spices just make this soup come to life . Delicious !
Susan S. 27 Feb
Sooooo good! Wouldn't change a thing! Thick and well seasoned!
marisabel p. 22 Feb
amazing. a new family week night favorite!
P Lehto L. 15 Nov 2017
Great flavor. Husband loved it.
Marian S. 6 Nov 2016
This is a great recipe - tastes wonderful. I added a parmesan rind 30 min. before the soup was done.
Maria L. 27 Mar 2016
Adjusted the recipe as a main course, for 4 adults: doubled dry spices, water and pasta shells; and used 64oz of beef broth . Great with corn bread as a side.