Mince PiesEl invitado de invierno
These mini Mince Pies will make the perfect dessert for your next dinner party. Featuring an elegant, richly flavored fruit compote filling, the mini mince pies are made with a light and flaky vanilla bean pastry crust. Cooked in orange juice and port wine, the compote is made from a mixture of fruits including cranberries, raisins, prunes, and apples spiced with cinnamon and allspice. Rich in spiced flavor, these Mince Pies are the ideal winter time dessert.
- 90 grams dried cranberries
- 400 grams raisins
- 100 grams prunes (dried, diced)
- 3 apples (large, diced)
- 250 milliliters port
- 1 orange
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250 grams pastry flour
- 30 grams sugar
- 150 grams butter (cold and cubed)
- 2 egg yolks
- 10 milliliters water (cold)
- 1 vanilla beans (seeded)
- 1To make the filling, add the cranberries, raisins, prunes, and apples in a nonstick pot. Cover with the port, orange zest and juice, sugar, allspice, and cinnamon. Stir everything together.
- 2Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer. Let the fruit simmer until the juices reduce and the fruit gets firm. It should look like fruit compote when you are finished. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- 3For the crust, place the flour, sugar, pinch of salt, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until the dough looks like sand and the butter has been incorporated.
- 4Add in the egg yolks, water, and vanilla seeds. Process for 10 seconds until well combined.
- 5Turn the dough out onto plastic wrap. Form a round cake shape, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate until firm.
- 6Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 7Remove the dough from the refrigerator, lightly flour the top, and roll it out on a flat surface. Use 2 cookie cutters or glasses (one a bit smaller than the other) and cut out 10 circles of each shape.
- 8Place the smaller circle in a muffin tin that has been greased well. Fill with a small about of the fruit filling and wet the top edges of the dough. Place the larger dough circle on top and pinch the edges together. Pierce the top to let steam escape. Repeat to fill the muffin tin.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories560Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.