Milk CakeAs receitas lá de casa
In this traditional recipe for tres leches (three milks) cake, the cake is doused in a mixture of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and whole milk after being baked and cooled; poking it all over with a chopstick (or skewer) allows the cake to better soak up the milky mix for maximum flavor and soft texture. Then it's covered with sweetened whip cream and dusted with powdered sugar. It's utterly delicious and beyond compare.
- 100 grams margarine
- 200 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 300 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 400 milliliters cream
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Grease a rectangular baking pan with margarine.
- 3Beat the margarine with the sugar until you get a fluffy and whitish cream, add the vanilla extract and the eggs one by one, beating well.
- 4Mix the flour with the baking powder, and add to the egg mixture.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Pour batter in baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- 7Let cool.
- 8Mix the evaporated milk, whole milk, and condensed milk together.
- 9Poke the entire cake with a Chinese chopstick and pour the milk mixture all over the cake.
- 10Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the cake is well soaked.
- 11Whisk the cream (which should be cool for consistency) add the sugar, and whisk some more.
- 12Spread on the top of the cake. and garnish with powdered sugar to taste.