- 100 grams margarine (at room temperature)
- 1 granulated yeast (sachet of)
- 250 milliliters milk (at room temperature)
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- salt (to taste)
- 500 grams wheat flour
- 1 handful grapes (sultana)
- 1 egg (+ 1 tablespoon of milk for brushing)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix well the margarine with the baking powder, the milk, the beaten egg, the salt and the sugar.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, involve the flour and stir with your hands until the dough is with a soft touch.
- Pour the dough on a floured surface and divide into smaller balls.
- Make rolls out of each ball and put some sultana grapes on top of them.
- Fold in half and stretch again until they roll.
- Braid three rolls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Do not put too close braids because the dough, while baking, doubles in size!
- Let braid in a warm place for one hour.
- One our later, brush the braids with the beaten egg with milk and garnish with some sultana grapes.
- Bake in hot oven (400 ° F) for 25 minutes.