- 1 cup unsalted butter (250 ml, room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 200 grams eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (plus additional for rolling)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels (melted)
- Add butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to mixer. Beat on Speed 4 until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Turn to Speed 1 and mix until combined.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add to mixer Bowl. Turn to Speed 1 and mix until just combined. Chill dough at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Dust work surface with powdered sugar and roll dough to ¼-inch thickness. Use bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 48 cookies, re-rolling scraps as necessary. Transfer cookies to parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- To prepare peanut butter mousse,add peanut butter, cream cheese and brown sugar to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until light and fluffy. Transfer to separate large bowl and set aside. Wash and dry mixer bowl.
- Add heavy cream and powdered sugar to clean mixer Bowl. Attach Bowl and Wire Whip to mixer. Turn to Speed 10 and whip 2-3 minutes or until medium-stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream mixture into peanut butter mixture with rubber spatula. Transfer to piping bag fitted with large plain tip.
- Pipe mousse onto half of the cookies and top with another cookie to create sandwiches.Dip each end of cookies in melted chocolate. Let stand on wire rack until chocolate is set.