These are not just any cookies, these are Milano Cookies. Have you ever tried Milano Cookies? Well today is your lucky day. These Milano Cookies are not only healthy but packed with flavor. You will love baking these Milano Cookies with your family and serving them in a cookie jar on the kitchen table. Let us know your thoughts about our Milano Cookies recipe in the comments below or by giving this recipe a star rating.
- 170 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 7/8 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar.
- Slowly add the egg whites, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and continue mixing. Do not over-beat.
- Place in a pastry bag with a smooth tip. Make 2.5-centimeter-wide and 5-centimeter-long cookies, with a 5-centimeter separation between each.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let them cool.
- For the filling, heat the heavy cream until it boils. Turn the heat off and pour over the chocolate. Let it rest for 1 minute, then stir to melt the chocolate. Add the orange zest and mix.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate filling on the flat side of each cookie, then join cookies into pairs.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.