- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts (boneless, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (large, chopped)
- 14 ounces no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
|Calories310Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Logan Silverberg 17 Jun 2018
Turned out great! I’ll be making this again soon.
Tervell S. 11 Mar 2018
Great as always it was delicious
ColleysWobbles 12 Jan 2018
Very tasty and simple to make. I added a bit of spinach too.
Karen Scarpinatto 14 Oct 2017
When I made the recipe as directed, it tasted a bit bland. I sautéed some red and green bell peppers and added the stew back to that. This made the flavor much more interesting. It also needs significantly more salt.
Shaelyn Maloney 3 Oct 2017
Turned out well, added cinnamon and honey and red crushed pepper to kick it up a bit. Would consider adding in some more veggies if I made it again
Doy 25 May 2017
Simple weekday dinner. Healthy and delicious.
Michelle Asselstine 7 Apr 2017
I read the current reviews so I knew that this recipe would probably need a little kick. I added a tsp of cinnamon, coriander and turmeric. It was still a little flat so I added about 2 tbsp of honey. That was the pop it needed. Also I used thighs instead of breasts because they tend to be juicier. Turned out pretty good in the end.
Emina M. 3 Apr 2017
Amazing will make it again.. Didn't have parley but it was fine.............family loved it too, will pass recipe to friends
Melani P. 15 Mar 2017
This was delicious! I made it exactly as is & it was wonderful! The lemon really made it the dish *pop*! Served it over couscous & the whole family loved it. Adding it to my "keepers" box for sure!!!
Benjamin Reese 16 Aug 2016
Great recipe -- the lemon juice gives it a nice tang. This is a great one for two people to work on, as well.