Put your microwave to work here in preparing these ethereal desserts that also make the most of instant pudding mix. In making the meringue, be sure to whisk the egg whites until stiff before beating in the sugar gradually, adding a little at a time, and beating until the meringue is stiff and shiny. Then you can drop spoonfuls at a time into serving bowls and microwave on high, then transfer them to a baking sheet and dollop with the prepared custard, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve.
- 2 packets custard
- 1 liter milk
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 8 egg whites
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Make the custard according to package instructions.
- Pour custard into a large dish and set aside to cool.
- Whisk egg whites until very stiff.
- Add 9 tablespoons sugar while whisking constantly.
- (Tip: The number of egg whites + same number of tablespoons of sugar +1, for example Whisk 8 egg whites with 9 tablespoons of sugar).
- When egg whites are very firm, place 2-3 spoonfuls egg whites in a soup bowl.
- Bake for 30 seconds in the maximum power in the microwave.
- Put the egg whites in another dish until liquid drains.
- Once they are fully cooked, gently lower into dish with custard.
- Pour few spoonsfuls of custar over eggs. Dust with cinnamon to taste.