Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare pie shell, on clean, lightly floured work surface, roll out dough with rolling pin until it forms a 10-inch circle. Fold circle in half, place it in 9-inch pie plate so that edges of circle drop over rim, unfold dough to completely cover pie plate. Using thumb and index finger, crimp edges of pie shell. Brush edges of pie shell with heavy cream to create a perfect, golden brown finish.
- To prepare filling, using electric mixer on medium speed, mix eggs, sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla together until they achieve a cream color. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside. Stir pecans into remaining mixture until they are combined evenly throughout.
- To assemble pie, sprinkle chocolate chips across bottom of pie shell. Pour pecan filling over chocolate chips, spreading evenly across. Stir 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce into cup of reserved filling, making sure to blend well. Pour caramel mixture over pecan filling, spreading it evenly across.
- To bake, place pie plate on prepared baking sheet and bake about 50 minutes, or until middle of the pie is firm to the touch. Transfer pie plate to wire cooling rack and allow pie to cool and set for 1 1/2 hours before serving. To serve, drizzle top of pie with Hot Fudge Sauce and Caramel Sauce.
|Calories1430Calories from Fat690|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat690|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jodi B. 3 months ago
I made this tonight according to directions, no variations, for a pie sale at work. It was pretty easy to put together. Probably should have tested it out ahead of time. Definitely need the parchment paper because it overflows a fair amount in a 9 inch pan. Also, it needs to be covered with foil because the caramel top layer burns easily. Hope it sells! I'll try it again for home.