- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest (Meyer)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus 2 additional tablespoons)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 5 large eggs (at room temperature, beaten)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
|Calories1030Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Laurie 23 Nov 2018
This isn't really a pound cake; it's not dense and moist enough. It's closer to the texture of a regular bread or cake. The flavor was fine, but it didn't impress me enough to make again.
Shaine Morales 26 May 2018
This was so good, made it a few weeks ago and plan on making it again today! Only complaint is it's not enough for my family, think I might have to double it this time!
Siwan Levy 30 Apr 2018
Followed the recipe closely, the cake turned out very yummy, a new favorite
Pip A. 21 Apr 2018
Not bad but Pond Pudding it is not
Linder Singleton 26 Jan 2018
Beautiful, not sweet enough but overall good.
Pidge Gunderson 29 Nov 2017
This is maybe one of the best lemon poundcake recipes I’ve ever used. The perfect amount of lemon and the perfect amount of cake.
Blanca Pagnani 5 Mar 2017
I try this before!! Out of the world!!! I enjoy having it after a great dinner or with a nice cup of coffee for breakfast!!!
Suzanne Pilkington 17 Jan 2017
This is my favorite of all pound cake recipes. It is a perfect amount of lemon. Yes, as the directions say, use all the syrup on the bread, even though it seems like too much.