- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups regular or converted rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups ragu old world style pasta sauce
- 4 ounces uncooked large shrimp
- 1 cup green peas (frozen)
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until almost cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion with chorizo, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in water and chipotle peppers. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in Pasta Sauce and peas. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 8 minutes. Stir in chicken and shrimp and simmer covered 2 minutes or until rice is tender and shrimp turn pink.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
|Calories310Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jennifer 1 Jan 2018
It’s a little spicy, but it’s good. The directions skipped some steps.