- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onions (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo
- 15 1/2 ounces black beans (1 can, reduced sodium, undrained)
- 10 ounces ditalini pasta
- 1/3 cup queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar ragu pasta sauce (1 lb. 8 oz, Old World Style®)
- Heat oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Cook green peppers with onion in same skillet, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chipotle peppers and garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in chicken, Pasta Sauce, beans and ditalini. Bring to a boil over high heart. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
|Calories420Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Barbara F. 4 Mar 2018
A true winner. Easy to make. Great flavor. I added jalapenos for a little extra spice. I used tomato sauce, not Ragu. You could add some chicken broth to make it more "soupy"
Matt S. 18 Feb 2016
Great weeknight meal. Super simple to make and has plenty of leftovers for lunch. You could certainly cut back on some of the pasta as 10 oz seems like a lot if you want more of a "soup" consistency.