Add to Meal Planner
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 zucchini (large, chopped)
- 1 white onion (small, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (leaves, crushed)
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper (or ground chili powder)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 jar Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce (1 lb. 8 oz.)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded, about 4 oz)
- 10 corn tortillas (white, quartered)
Did you make this?
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat olive oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook zucchini with onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in ground beef, oregano and chipotle pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in Pasta Sauce and corn. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Layer 1/3 of the tortillas in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the ground beef mixture, then 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake covered 30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove cover, then let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories280Calories from Fat100
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat100
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes
alvarez 5 years ago
Kids loved it. ill probably add a little extra cheese next time and maybe some fresh jalapenos in with the zucchini and onions.
Edward 5 years ago
Woild definitely make again!
Coyne 5 years ago
Delicious! Only put in half the pasta sauce, and added half a jar of salsa verde!
Rebecca J R. 5 years ago
It was very good. Pretty easy too. I actually used part tomato sauce and part Salsa. I might try it again with enchillada sauce.
Addie Addelsons 6 years ago
Everyone liked it, I added fresh okra, but next time I would add hotsauce.
Toni Evans Duke 6 years ago
it was great! the family enjoyed it. I shredded the zucchini instead of cutting it into smaller pieces.
Albert 6 years ago
I used trappista cheese instead of mozzarella, due to reviews I read here about mozza being tasteless, especially in combination with the lot of spices. I used salsa instead of the sauce stated. 5/5, definetely will do again, next time maybe I'll add some tomato sauce too, to crank it up a little.
Nichole Kennedy 7 years ago
i did my own little spin to it beacuse pasta sauce diddnt sound right maybe salsa next time. it came out great and tastes really good. whole family diddnt complain so im safe.
Josie Wysk 7 years ago
filled my husband up for hours not much can do that
Games Got Board 7 years ago
Made this against my better judgment. I've made other versions of Mexican Lasagna, none of which have ever called for pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. The recipe calls for 10 corn tortillas to spread across a 9×13 inch pan in three seperate layers. Unless you're using large corn tortillas, you're going to need at least 18. I also used a full 2 cups mozzarella instead of 1 and it still wasn't enough. But my biggest complaint is that the recipe doesn't even specify on what size jar of pasta sauce to use. Needless to say, the recipe turned out mediocre and no one in my family enjoyed it. If you plan on making this recipe, plan on a lot of tweaking.
Zeina Kabbara 7 years ago
I love it!! So easy and turned out really delicious. Definitely a keeper thanks again for such an amazing recipe
Angie Davis 8 years ago
Delicious! Super easy and so good! It's for sure a keeper! I made it just like it says to. I may use reduced fat cheese when I make it again.
sherry s. 8 years ago
Never use ragu, make my own sauce. I see no Mexican ingredients and feel using any Italian sauce is a miss here. Use enchilada or taco sauce, add peppers (hot if desired) or just tomato sauce with taco seasoning. You need to a Mexican cheese, cheddar is a mistake in Mexican cooking.
08901 l. 8 years ago
I loved this recipe it"s delicious im american and i love this recipe i am going to rate this as a five.
Denise M. 8 years ago
I used the basic recipe but changed it to use with pizza sauce, mushrooms, black olives, ground beef and cheese but stacked it the same and it turned out great.
Angela Davis 8 years ago
NO, change my son &boyfriend love it something on my table new for me to make. I was in impress it came out look so good, I will not say it was good it was awesome!!!