- 1 cup Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat on medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts; mix well. Roll dough into walnut-size balls; place on ungreased baking sheets about 1 1⁄2 inches apart.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool on baking sheets until cool enough to handle, but still warm. While still warm, roll in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar; place on cooling racks to cool completely.