- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (freshly ground if possible)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/8 cup orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup sugar (confectioner’s)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, cream the shortening until creamy. Add egg and sugar and cream until smooth.
- In a small bowl combine vanilla, orange juice, orange liqueur, and orange zest and set aside.
- Alternate dry ingredients and wet ingredients slowly to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Lightly knead cookie dough together.
- Fill a cookie press with the dough, and turn out cookies onto an ungreased KitchenAid® Professional-Grade Nonstick Cookie Sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
- After baking, place warm cookies in the cinnamon-sugar-orange zest mixture or sift confectioner’s sugar over cooled cookies.
- These cookies can be stored in freezer bags in the refrigerator or freezer.
|Calories40Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.