Bright colors, spices, fluffy rice, and fiery chorizo are staple flavors of Mexico. Red, green, and yellow bell peppers give this Mexican rice it’s vibrancy as well as its sweet and savory depth. Bacon and Chorizo gives this dish some much needed salt, perfectly balanced by the subtle rice and acidic tomato puree. Olive oil keeps the ingredients from solidifying and forming clumps, insuring you have a perfect rice dish.
- olive oil
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups rice
- tomato paste
- 2 chorizo (sliced)
- Heat a small quantity of olive oil in a wok.
- Add bacon and diced peppers.
- Add rice and cover with water.
- Cover the wok with a lid and let the rice cook.
- Add water if necessary.
- When the rice is almost finished cooking, add tomato paste and chorizo.
- Replace the lid and finish cooking for 5 to 10 minutes on low heat.