- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (red or white*)
- 1/2 cup canned corn (or fresh)
- 1 cup black beans (cooked, seasoned with equal pinches sea salt, cumin, chili + garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 orange segmented
- 1/2 avocado (ripe, chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped or torn)
- 1/2 avocado (ripe)
- 1 lime (large, juiced, ~4 Tbsp)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sweetener (choice, maple syrup, agave, cane sugar, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder (or sub extra hot sauce or chipotle powder)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh minced, optional)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
|Calories630Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Barbara Martinez 5 Jul 2018
This was delicious, I served it to guests and got only good comments. I will definitely make it again
Kreative Kook 6 Mar 2018
This dinner turned out great! The flavors mix well The orange lime dressing is so delicious and fresh! It was very filling served alone. I mixed in some leftover salad from last night that had Romain and orange bell peppers and green onions in it, which tasted really good. I will definitely make this recipe over and over again!
Tammie 2 Dec 2017
Delicious, added pomegranate & the whole family loved it.
Ricky Naul 21 Feb 2017
Excellent salad that was refreshing and filling with an amazing creamy avocado dressing - I'll definitely be making this again!
Zack 5 Jan 2017
This is one of our favorite salads to make! The dressing is super easy to whip up, and super delicious! We've made it both creamy and as a vinaigrette, and I don't think you can go wrong either way as the flavor is still sweet and tangy and perfect. We also like to add some fajita seasoned chicken breast for some additional protein. We think it rounds out the salad for a fantastic (and DAIRY FREE) meal!
Christine Mueller 9 May 2016
I made it for a BBQ last night. Since mango is in season at the moment and I don't like sectioning oranges anyway, I substituted mangoes in stead which worked really well. I omitted the greens (just out of convenience, nothing more ;) but it still went really well with the grilled chicken wings and lamb. My friend asked me for the recipe immediately :)
Felicia S. 21 Feb 2016
Yum, yum, yum is what I have to say! I made this for dinner the other night. I substituted the salt in order to get the salt content down with salt free seasoning by McCormicks. I used frozen corn for the canned corn, and used Splenda brown sugar mix for the sugar. We don't like pepper, so I elimated that also. My husband isn't a great fan of quoina (he calls it birdseed), but it was the best use of it in a recipe that he liked.