Convenient canned ingredients make this humble and hearty soup a last-minute supper favorite. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired, topped with a dollop of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1/2 pound ground pork (lean)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces chopped tomatoes (Mexican style)
- 15 ounces pinto beans (drained)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaves oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In large heavy saucepan brown and crumble ground pork. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about 10 minutes.