Mexican Pork StewMadeleine Cocina
Each region of Mexico specializes in their own cultural foods and traditions. This particular recipe is well known throughout Mexico and it's many region. This is a traditional Mexican Pork Stew recipe. Try our Mexican Pork Stew recipe and let us know about your experience in the comments below. You can also give this Mexican Pork Stew recipe a star rating to share with others.
- 1 kilogram pork (legs, cut in medium pieces)
- 2 chili peppers (poblano, seeded)
- 2 chili peppers (guajillo, seeded)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- salt (as desired)
- pepper (as desired)
- 500 grams tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1Fill a cooking pot with hot water, soak the poblano and guajillo peppers until they soften, strain and grind them.
- 2Grind and mix the garlic clove, cinnamon, ground clove, onion, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup vinegar, poblano pepper, and guajillo pepper in a large bowl. You will make a sauce.
- 3Marinate the pork legs with the sauce and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- 4Pour 2 cups water in a pressure cooker.
- 5Cover the inner side of a metal strainer with aluminum foil and place the strainer with the marinated pork legs in it inside the pressure cooker.
- 6Put the lid on the pressure cooker, and let the pork legs cook at medium-high for 30 minutes after the steam starts to come out.
- 7Turn off the stove, remove the lid, let the pressure cooker cool off completely, and place the pork legs on a skillet.
- 8Grill the pork legs on the skillet on high until they brown, and turn off the stove.
- 9Boil the tomatoes on a cooking pot on high until they soften.
- 10Blend the tomatoes using a food processor/blender and strain them.
- 11Mix the pork stock (which is in the pressure cooker) with the tomatoes and 1/4 cup white vinegar in a cooking pot and cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- 12Shred the pork legs and add them to the cooking pot. Let it boil for 10 minutes and turn off the stove.
- 13Serve over tortillas with lemon juice and hot sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.