- 4 pork cutlets (1/8-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons oil (divided)
- 1 cup chili beans (Mexican-style, undrained)
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
- For Mole sauce: Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium saucepan. Cook onion and garlic over low heat for 5 minutes. Combine onion and garlic with remaining ingredients except pork in blender or food processor; mix until almost smooth, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in large frypan over medium-high heat. Brown cutlets on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn cutlets, lower heat, pour mole sauce over cutlets in pan, cover and simmer 8 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.