When a decadent and succulent dinner is on the menu, but you can't decide what you want to make, then why not try this recipe for Mexican Pie? The hearty filling is packed with delicious ingredients, such as ground beef, corn and a savory sauce with Gruyere cheese. The dough needs to sit for at least an hour after making, so plan ahead. We hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 175 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons bakers yeast
- 50 grams water
- 50 grams milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams beans
- 300 grams ground beef
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 140 grams sweet corn
- spices (chili, to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- cream (20 cl. 15% liquid)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 grams gruyere cheese
- 1The night before, soak the beans in a bowl of water.
- 2In the food processor, add the flour, yeast, water, milk, and salt.
- 3Knead for 5 minutes or until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the processor bowl.
- 4Remove the dough ball from the food processor, place in bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and let rest for 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 6In a skillet, heat the olive oil, and saute the ground beef and chopped onion.
- 7Add corn and beans.
- 8Add the chili spice, salt, and pepper.
- 9Simmer on low heat.
- 10In a bowl, mix the eggs, cream, and tomato paste.
- 11Roll out the dough and spread in a greased and floured pie pan.
- 12Add the ground beef mixture, then cover with the cream and egg mixture.
- 13Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 14Bake for 30 minutes.
- 15Serve hot.