Mexican PicadilloLA COCINERA CON PRISA
Picadillo is a hearty dish that is similar to hash. This recipe for Mexican Picadillo is like a flavorful, bold chili hash. It takes 30 minutes to prepare this divine dinner dish. This recipe combines so many hearty and healthy ingredients that your taste buds will dance with pleasure. If you need a meal that is spicy and savory, and doesn't take long to prepare, then this is it. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 600 grams ground beef
- 3 tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 300 mL tomato puree (canned)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt (and pepper)
- 3/4 cup peas (small can)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 3/4 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 cup cactus (acitron, candied, may substitute candied pineapple)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. herbs (Italian)
- Saute the onion in oil for a few minutes, then add the garlic and the meat. Stir the meat until it separates and cooks but without browning, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, tomato puree, broth, salt and pepper. Increase the heat and when it reaches a boil lower to low heat.
- Add the peas, carrots, acitron and almonds. Mix well and cook, covered, on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the raisins, bay leaves and herbs approximately 15 minutes before serving. Remove the bay leaf.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories360Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes