Celebrate the flavors of a traditional Mexican mole sauce with a high-impact dry rub featuring dried chipotle peppers, cocoa and cinnamon, topped with a cool mango salsa.
- 4 Porterhouse pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (depending on heat desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 mango (large, peeled, pitted and cubed)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro (snipped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In small bowl, combine dry rub ingredients; rub onto both sides of pork chops. Set aside for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 400º to 450º F. When ready to cook, spray light coat of cooking spray on pork chops to keep them from sticking to the grill. Place on hot grill. Cover; cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. using an instant-read thermometer. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Mango Salsa: Combine ingredients in bowl. Serve with Mexican Mole Pork Chops.