- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound yellow peppers (red and, deseeded, chopped)
- 2 sprigs parsley (chopped)
- 1 chili (deseeded, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces gouda cheese (grated)
- 14 1/2 ounces corn (and red kidney beans, drained)
- 6 sheets lasagne noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 ounces salami (Italian, finely chopped)
- tortilla chips
- mini peppers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a pan and sauté peppers for 7 mins. Season with salt, stir in parsley and chili.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and sauté onion. Dust with flour and gradually add stock and cream. Bring to a boil while stirring, and season. Stir in 2 tbsp of the grated Gouda, and when cheese is melted remove from heat.
- Ladle a little cheese sauce thinly into a greased baking dish. Cover with 3 lasagne sheets fitted next to one another. Spread with a layer of corn-bean mixture, half of the sauce and remaining 3 sheets of lasagne. Cover with the salami, peppers and sauce. Scatter with remaining Gouda.
- Bake lasagne for 45 mins. Serve garnished with toasted mini peppers and tortilla chips.