If you have been searching for the perfect recipe that uses Mexican Buns, then you have finally found it. The search is over. This recipe for Mexican Buns is sweet, savory and decadent. The Mexican Buns are flavorful and rich paired with a sweet and savory sauce. This dish does not take too long to make, and will take even less time to devour. Serve it over your favorite rice for a hearty meal that everyone will love. Happy cooking!
- 400 grams flour
- 1 eggs
- 210 milliliters milk
- 2 packets bakers yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 60 grams butter
- 350 grams ground meat (ground beef 5%)
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow peppers
- 1/2 green pepper
- 250 grams tomato purée
- 3 tablespoons Mexican seasoning mix
- grated Gruyère cheese
- 6 seeds
- 1In the bowl of your food processor with the dough blade, mix the flour and the salt. Mix the yeast with some warm milk (about ½ cup) and add to the flour.
- 2Add the remaining milk and the egg, continue kneading until the dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- 3Add the soft butter (cut into cubes) and continue to knead well to incorporate: the dough should be elastic, smooth and not sticky.
- 4Once the dough has the right consistency, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it rise for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- 5Slice the onions and the garlic. Clean the peppers and cut them finely.
- 6Heat a frying pan and add a little bit of olive oil.
- 7Brown the onions and the garlic. Add the meat and the peppers. Once everything is cooked, add the tomato puree and the Mexican spice mix.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Divide the dough into 8 large balls. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- 10Place a small amount of filing in the center and add a little bit of grated cheese. Fold the corners to close the buns and place them on a baking sheet.
- 11Glaze the buns with a little milk, using a brush, and sprinkle with the 6 seed mixture.
- 12Bake for 25 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.