This easy salad comes together in a snap and is loaded with flavor. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- 1/2 cup TruRoots® Organic Sprouted Quinoa Trio
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (or yellow bell pepper, finely diced)
- 2 scallions (minced)
- 1 can black beans (15 oz. per can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped, optional)
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese (crumbled, optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, agave, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooled and cooked quinoa, bell pepper, scallions, black beans, and cilantro, if using. Stir with a rubber spatula until all ingredients are combined and coated in the dressing. Adjust salt to taste.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, sprinkle crumbled cotija cheese over the top of the salad, if desired. Salad may be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories190Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes