Mexican Bean CasseroleMadeleine Cocina
This recipe for Mexican Bean Casserole is packed with spicy, savory and cheesy flavors. It is wholesome and hearty and will guarantee to please. Ingredients include fried beans, refried beans, tortillas, jalapeno chilies, sausage, ancho chile pepper, garlic clove, milk, olive oil, queso Panela or mozzarella cheese, and Oaxaco or mild shredded cheddar cheese. If you need a gooey, savory dish that you can reheat all week, then this is the casserole for you.
- 1 cup beans (fried)
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 tortillas
- 1 jalapeno chilies (cut into strips)
- 1 sausage links
- 3 ancho chile pepper (with seeds and veins removed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup milk
- olive oil
- cooking spray
- 100 grams queso panela (may substitute mozzarella, shredded)
- 100 grams cheese (melting, such as Oaxaca or mild cheddar, shredded)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- 2Soak the ancho chile peppers in the milk for 10-15 minutes, until softened. Blend with garlic and a little water in the blender until a paste is formed.
- 3Add the paste to a skillet with a little olive oil until it thickens slightly.
- 4Spritz the tortillas with cooking spray and heat on both sides in a hot skillet. Set aside.
- 5Fry the sausage and crumble. Blot excess grease with a paper towel.
- 6Coat the tortillas with the chile paste. Place a layer into the bottom of a greased baking pan. Layer with fried beans, sausage, jalapeno strips, panela cheese, and refried beans. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Sprinkle with the Oaxaca cheese.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories840Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.