A tasty and easy soup for weekday meals. Serve with cornmeal muffins or breadsticks and a salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 30 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces corn (whole kernal, undrained)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 9 ounces green chile (chopped, undrained)
- 14 1/2 ounces beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Combine pork and onions in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until pork is no longer pink; drain. Combine pork mixture, beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies, broth, cumin, chili powder and cilantro in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.