Meringues make mouths happy. They are a sweet and easy treat that are perfect for a potluck, special occasion or celebration. They are light and sweet treats. The hardest part about this airy confection is that they have to bake at low temperatures for two hours, so plan accordingly. Feel free to add some food coloring if you want to make them for a special occasion. Why to bake a trial batch this weekend?
- 4 egg whites
- granulated sugar
- confectioners sugar
- 1Weigh the egg whites and measure the same amount in weight of granulated sugar and confectioner's sugar.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat the mixture at minimum speed for 10 seconds.
- 3Then set mixer on speed 1 for 20 seconds.
- 4Beat the mixture at maximum speed for 8-9 minutes.
- 5Form meringues with either a piping bag or with a tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake at 95 degrees Celsius for 2 hours.