- 6 endives
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 40 grams butter
- 200 grams Maroilles cheese
- 40 grams walnuts
- cream (30 cl. liquid)
- Prepare endives by removing the outer leaves and opening the center slightly.
- Boil a pot of water seasoned with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Place the whole endives in the water and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain the endives, rinse under cold water to cool, then gently squeeze to extract as much water as possible.
- Let them cool completely and then cut into 4 to 5 centimeter thick slices.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet, add the endives, and cook until browned.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove the crust from the cheese.
- Chop the walnuts.
- In a small saucepan, add the cheese and cream and cook on low heat.
- Add salt, pepper, and nuts.
- Divide the endive slices in 4 individual buttered gratin dishes. Pour the Maroilles cream on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.