- 150 flour (grs of spelled)
- 75 flour (grs of integral spelled)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (tsp of)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (tsp of)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (tsp of)
- 1/2 teaspoon Bonsalt (tsp of)
- 50 brown sugar (grs of)
- 80 molasses (grs of cane)
- 45 butter (grs of melted and cooled)
- 1 beaten egg
- brown sugar (to taste)
- Place the flour, the ginger, the yeast, and the salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix the sugar with the molasses, the butter and the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and mix well, until you've obtained a smooth dough.
- If necessary add a little water or flour if the dough is too dry or too soft.
- Form a ball with the dough, wrap in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC Celsius and remove the cold dough from the refrigerator, allow to warm up for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured board to a thickness of 2mm. Cut into the desired shape and place in a greased baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the cookies with demerara sugar and bake until cooked (about 8-12 min).