- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 bell peppers (sweet, preferably red, orange, or yellow, chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (ground)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 14 ounces corn (drained)
- 14 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained, optional)
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves (cooked and shredded into bite-size pieces, roasted deli chicken works great!)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- avocado (fresh, cut into 1″ chunks)
- fresh mozzarella (cut into 1″ chunks)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- green onions (chopped)
- lime slices (fresh)
|Calories510Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
Aisha Figilis-Williams 4 months ago
Excellent!!! This was an easy to follow recipe. I added a can of diced chilies to spice it up! I will be making this again!
Catherine Fee 5 months ago
Best chicken tortilla I’ve ever made! And I’ve made a lot of different recipes!
Isabela Rivera Andersen a year ago
This is my favorite soup. It is a good meal to eat bell papers and corn. All the ingredients make the soup filling.
Monica a year ago
Delicious! Will become a regular rotation in the meal planning :)
Rotha a year ago
It was delicious! I added more than recommended garlic, and doubled the amount of cumin and chipotle because I prefer the spice. Loved the recipe; will definitely cook it again soon!
Nate Maudlin 2 years ago
Delicious! Added a bit of sugar to cut the acid. Left out the green pepper and added hominy.