Mediterranean-inspired Tuna Almond Whole-wheat SpaghettiFOODISTA
- 4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chilli oil
- 1/2 white onion (chopped)
- 5 ounces tuna (preferably in water)
- 10 grams almonds (sliced)
- 1/2 Italian parsley (roughly chopped, & a tad more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon lemon oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 3 cheddar cheese (shavings of New York, i.e. gratings of parmesan)
- 1 pinch salt
- Start with a boiling pot of water for the spaghetti.
- Heat up chilli oil in a pan over medium heat (click here for recipe for home made chilli and lemon oils) , then add the chopped onion. Cook until almost translucent.
- Drain the can of tuna and add it to the pan until its thoroughly warmed through.