If you want to make a hearty ethnic dish that packs a lot of flavor in a healthy vegetarian dish, then try this recipe for Mediterranean Risotto. The tantalizing textures of this tasty dish make this a delicious main dish. Be sure to pick up these decadent ingredients the next time you go shopping and surprise your family with a dinner that is out of this world. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 200 grams risotto rice
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onions
- olive oil
- vegetable stock (75 cl.)
- 1 tablespoon tajine spice mix
- Wash the eggplant, remove the ends, and dice it.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan and saute the eggplant for a good 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in a little bit of olive oil until it becomes translucent, then add the rice and stir. Add one ladle of vegetable broth at a time until the rice completely absorbs the liquid. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon. Then add the tajine spices and continue to stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, mix the diced eggplant with the rice or plate the rice and then put the vegetables on top with a little bit of cilantro.